The world of business applications has become a fast moving, ever changing environment. The web, mobile computing and the cloud have quickly followed the impact of graphical interfaces. Who knows what will be next on the list? The i community is facing an ever-changing environment and it must ensure that applications may be easily enhanced and maintained when dealing with these environments.
The need to modernize legacy applications is now an urgent requirement for most i shops.
Modernization means different things to different people. In this session, Paul discusses what modernization might mean for you and different approaches to modernization – regardless of whether you are a one person or one hundred person shop!
Topics covered include:-
- What is Modernization?
- Approaches to Modernization
- The Need for Modernization
- The Need for Database Modernization
- The Need for Interface Modernization
- The Need for Program Modernization
- The Benefits of Modernization
- Where are You Starting From?
- The Challenges
- Laying the Ground Rules
- What is a Modern Application?
- The Roadblocks